Thursday, January 17, 2008

4,725


That's how many steps I took on campus today. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my longest days. I have four classes and one lab. Labs haven't started yet so next week I will be walking even further. I have to go across campus every time I change classes. I start in the science building, walk to the education building, then to my car to switch books, then to a different science building, then back to the education building, to my car to switch books, then back to the first science building. After each class I could get in my car and drive across campus, wait for a parking spot, hope for a parking spot, not get a parking spot, finally find a parking spot, then run to class hoping I am not too late. Instead I park in a convenient place so that I can switch books in the middle of the day and figure that at least I am getting some exercise out of the deal. 2,000 steps is approximately one mile so I walked over two miles in between classes today. That's not bad! Next week when labs start I will get about three miles. Too bad I am not counting those miles in my personal challege/New Year's Resolution. I'd get to 400 in no time!


No comments: