Saturday, January 12, 2008
Harsh Winter Days
To pass the harsh winter days here in west Texas we have been keeping busy with some puzzles. We always wonder if we should glue them together once we are done, but then what do you do with them? My younger redneck boy has one that is glued together, but it is in the back of his closet because I can't find a frame that it will fit in. I guess it is fun to take them apart and save them for another cold, cold day. It's a good way to keep ourselves entertained when I won't go outside. That would be when it is below 50, by the way. Yes, I did grow up in upstate NY. Yes, I remember standing at the bus stop in blizzard-like conditions. Yes, I read Julie's post about using the snowblower... the post she wrote over a month ago. And yes, I am a big baby. I like it when it is 95 degrees and sunny. So .... puzzles. Yup, lots of puzzles! Just imagine how many puzzles we'll go through when we retire in NY. I think it is below 50 more than 1/2 of the year there!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for remembering what cold really is:) I would think 50 is cold also if I lived in a warm state. You'll adjust when you get back to NY and you'll think 30 is a heat wave again.
Wow! That's a lot of puzzles.
It is absolutely fine to pass that offer on to Julie. If she needs anything, just let me know. I am happy to help wherever I can.
you could also just glue the puzzles to a matted background to hang up instead of the difficulty finding a frame. You could even decorate the border with the boys. Could be fun and a lot less expensive than a large picture frame.
Brandi,
That's a good idea, and yes -- it would be a lot less expensive!
Wow- I don't think I have the patience to do puzzles past the toddler ones! They are challenging enough for me! :)
Post a Comment