My friend Rebekah is a gung-ho FRG (Family Readiness Group) participating Army wife. She is SO good at this stuff. She makes me look SO bad! When my soldier was at Fort Bragg I was supposed to be the FRG leader. I think I called the other wives one time and told them about a supply bird going to Afghanistan. Nowadays I am supposed to be really involved in this FRG stuff. But really, I figure it's best to leave the FRG stuff to the people who enjoy the FRG stuff! If they ask for my help with something, I'll help. They know they can call if there is a specific task that they need me for. Case in point ... my Adopt-A-Soldier Valentine's Box:
Not too bad, huh? Rebekah's husband knows my soldier so he sent a couple of ideas regarding things she wanted (I never would have guessed to buy lemon flavored tuna packets!), but for the most part I used my creativity and experience as a non-deployed, package-sending Army wife. Now, look at what Rebekah and her mother did:
Yup, I'll just leave the FRG to those gung-ho wives! They really know how to get it done. Good job Beck!
1 comment:
As you have most likley figured, my shoe box has become quite the project at our house. I'll let you know how it all works out after I send it. Your Dad has his hands in the project now!
Post a Comment