Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Shower -- Army Style

Last weekend we went to a co-ed/family baby shower hosted by DJ and Karl (one of the drill sergeants Brian works with) They sure knows how to throw a fun baby shower. There was food. Tons of food. There were games for the women. There were games for the kids. There was a pinata. Oh, and there was liquor. Lots and lots of liquor! The baby we were celebrating is the soon to be born son of Drill Sergeant Hudson and his wife.

This is Marisol, the so cute and tiny it makes me jealous even though I'm not pregnant mother to be.


Here's Hudson trying to get Drill Sergeant Furman to drink a shot "to the health of his baby!" The choices ... a jello shot or tequila. Guess which one I chose? Yep, tequila. The best tequila I have ever had. It was too smooth. It was too yummy. It was right there ready for us about 5 minutes later when we drank again "to the longevity of their marriage!" Oh, what a fun baby shower!


Here's Kenny taking a whack at the pinata.



And this is Hudson tackling Chase as he scrambled for Candy.


This is Drill Sergeant Furman's husband Matt. She accidentally locked her keys in the car so he spent a little while trying to break into it. What an interesting baby shower.

Brian and I had to leave early because the shower was the day before his big race last weekend and he had a mandatory meeting/packet pick-up/bike inspection. The shower started at 2:00 and we left around 5:00. Apparently the party went until after 2:00 the next morning. There was lots of drinking, dancing, eating, and tricking the new 2nd lieutenant into doing shots of tequila while everyone else did shots of water. I have never been to a baby shower like this one before. I don't know exactly what time the Starrs left, but as they were leaving Jennifer's daughter Ashlyn asked her, "Mama, is this what all baby shower's are like?" I don't remember how Jennifer said she answered her, but if my kid asked me that I'd tell him that's only what Army baby showers are like. The rest of the world just doesn't know how to do it!

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

That was one heck of a baby shower!