Friday, April 11, 2008

Kappa Delta Pi

Last night was my honor society induction/dinner. I thought I would use this opportunity to introduce you to some of my friends from the college. From left to right -- Kaylin, Chasidy, Dwenette and me. All three of them are all Texans, but don't hold it against them. Kaylin is only 20 years old and thinks the rest of us have one foot in the nursing home. In spite of that, she is very smart and sweet and is going to be a great teacher. Chasidy is one of my reading professors. Yes, she's younger than me. By five years. She was an elementary school teacher for several years and just started teaching at the college this year. She is a great teacher and we just love her. We can't wait to be finished with her classes so that she can be guilt free about being friends with us. Dwenette has got to be the funniest person I have ever met. I enjoy taking classes with her because there's never a dull moment. On top of that she's extremely intelligent, despite the fact that she lives in Sweetwater. Remember Sweetwater? Don't hold that against her either. She's going to be a wonderful teacher and will do great things for the kids of Sweetwater.

This is my friend Chelsea. She's all of 21 years old. She is very smart, a really hard worker and oh-so-organized. If we ever have to do a project with partners I am right there next to her saying "pick me, pick me!" Everyone think good thoughts about Chelsea and let's hope her boyfriend Casey makes it onto the fire department this year. We're sure he'll propose once he makes it ... you know how guys are about wanting to be able to financially support their wives. Go Casey!!

Can you tell how much Dwenette loves me? She is so sweet :) Just don't ask her about the mortifyingly (is that a word?) embarrassing thing that I did last night.... so bad that I can't even begin to type about it. If you want to hear the story you'll have to call or send me a personal email. Because I just can't bring myself to put it out here on the WWW for everyone in the world to read about it. D~ you can stop laughing now ... I don't want you to pee in your pants.
*A special note* I am sitting here in the computer lab on campus with Dwenette ... and she has informed me that she is not a Texan. She was actually born in California. I knew there was a reason we got along so well. We like to poke fun at our tiny Texas towns together. Now we need to get back to work!

3 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Congratulations smarty pants! :)

Amy said...

Thanks! Too bad I don't have a 4.0 like you (and Joanna!) ... I could blame it on the C's I got my first semester studying Russian, but I also got a C in pre-calc when I went to college the first time. Too bad we can't just throw out the grades we don't like!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! Thank you for all the nice and wonderful things you said about Casey and I!!! It made me cry!!