Check out this great gift my friend Joanna sent me. I can get my entire day's worth of water in one cup. One huge cup that she says will keep my drink cold all day without sweating all over my schoolwork. It's great and I love it! Yesterday the boys were so interested in my new cup that they wanted to fill it up with water to take in the car when we went to pick up our pizza. Chase is at that wonderful age where he is old enough to send in to pick up the pizza and young enough that he doesn't mind doing it. So while he went in to get our pizza I decided to check out my new cup a little bit. I noticed it is really supposed to be a coffee mug so I figured the top would come off easily and without any spilling. People put hot coffee in these things, right? So, holding the cup in my lap I pulled off the top and WHOOSH! water ... everywhere! I can't even tell you how much water sprayed everywhere ... maybe 32 of the 64 ounces that Kenny put in there when he filled it to the brim for our 4 minute drive to the pizza place. About half of it went in my lap and in between my legs, so it looked like I had an accident in my jeans. The other half did a really good job of cleaning 9 months of dust off from my console and dashboard. My car looks cleaner than it has since Brian bought me a detail job at the car wash for my birthday last summer. Kenny was a little shocked that his mom just laughed and laughed when it happened. I think he thought I was going to be mad. But how can your be mad when your seat is filled with cold water?!? It was definitely more funny than anything else. Thanks Joanna Lee ... for the great new water cup and a clean car! :) We have decided to make it our family goal to send you something really Texas-ish as a thank-you. It might take us a while because we want to be creative. Maybe Dave & Maggie would like some fresh cow hooves? Just kidding (sort-of)
2 comments:
Ooops!! I guess I probably I should have warned you about that! Yeah, sometimes I need Kev top open the lid for me! Yeah, and I'm constantly telling people that it's not coffee! Maybe we should put some stickers on it to coffee up that ugly coffee pot. Hope it gets you through the long Texas summer!
(Sorry about your car AND your jeans!)
Lots of love and smiles your way!
JoLee!
Don't be sorry ... it was really pretty funny. And thank you so much for the great water mug ;)
Post a Comment