This summer the boys and I are going on a vacation to visit family and friends. We'll be in NC for a few days in June. I feel like I spent the first six months we were here trying not to think about anything that would make me sad. Case in point, our home. The first house we bought. The first place I felt like we had a real home ... a home like the home I grew up in.
When we go to NC I will drive past my old house every time I go in and out of the neighborhood where we are staying with my friend Mandy. I am dreading seeing my home every day. I am scared I will cry like a baby the first time I drive past it!
At least I won't have to see this. That really would make me cry. The only thing we'd change about this kitchen is a new countertop. Other than that is is so perfect. So warm. So HOME!
What was that I said about being happy here in Texas? Oh, I am so conflicted! Can't I have my NC house and friends transplanted here to Safeville, Texas?!?
1 comment:
I can arrange for us to never leave my backyard! :-)
Post a Comment