Sunday, May 11, 2008

Motherhood

In honor of Mother's Day I thought I would share with you some quotes about motherhood that I find interesting. Some are inspiring, some are thoughtful, and some are just down-right hilarious.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. (Elizabeth Stone)

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. (Aristotle)

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. (Abraham Lincoln)

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much!
(Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis)

And a few I found out in the blogosphere today:

We are pretty much glorified zoo keepers here.

Whoever said that children don't come with a manual were so not kidding.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens!


Regardless of how you feel about motherhood and all of its tribulations and triumphs, today is still a good day to be thankful for your mom. After all, you wouldn't be here without her.


(PS I just showed this post to Chase and he said, "Mom, you look kinda pale." Then he got to listen to me explaining that I had just had a baby (HIM!) and that I was still recovering and although he was 11 1/2 years old now I am still recovering because I am too busy taking care of him to take care of me ... blah blah blah etc etc etc. I bet he'll think better next time he wants to tell me I look pale in a picture!)

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I love that first quote!

And the story about Chase saying you're pale is priceless!

The things we do for our babies!