Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Long Awaited Robot


He finally got his Lego Mindstorm NXT last week. If you click the link you'll see that it is $399 at amazon.com. He got a brand new one on ebay for $240. He saved for about 18 months to be able to buy it. First, we want to thank everyone who gave him money in the last 18 months. He has been saving diligently and putting just about everything he has in the bank. The only time he spent any money was during our vacation to NY last summer. He gets $5/week allowance, but only when he does all of his chores. So the money he was given as gifts made up about 80% of this purchase.

When I give money as a gift I really like to know how it is spent. It is not because I am nosy or controlling ... it is because it makes me feel good. It makes me feel connected to the person I gave the money to. I am happy when I know that person has bought something for themselves that they really wanted -- and that I helped to make it happen. So, with that in mind ... he gives thanks to his Dad, Grammy & Grampy, Uncle Shelley & Brandi, Grandma Washburn, and his friend Joey who gave him $15 on his birthday. Every single dollar helped him get this robot!!! And he loves it!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good job Chase on the saving money thing, maybe he could teach us something.
Also, what exactly does a $400 Lego robot do? Clean the house? Homework? :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have to put it together, like regular legos, before you can use it? It looks complicated to me!!!!