Friday, January 11, 2008

One of My Favorite Weekends

During the summer of 2006 the boys, my parents, and I went on a little vacation together. The "purpose" of the trip was to show my mom's bulldog Beanie in a dog show. My dad made the weekend memorable by insisting on staying in a cabin in the woods instead of a boring old hotel next door to the dog show. This picture is one that I took early one morning from our cabin as we were on our way to that day's dog show. It is one of my all time favorite photos.


My mom and Beanie during the dog show:

Horseback riding:

Tubing down the Hudson River:

The boys got to take the canoe out by themselves:

Howe's Cavern:

I hope that we can do something like this again during our next summertime visit. It was a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Great post in the middle of a long, cold winter. Thanks for letting me think about summer vacations for a minute!

Amy said...

I am already ready to start planning our summer vacation(s). Are you planning a trip to Texas again? We'd drive to San Antonio to see you if you are going to be there :)

Julie said...

I want to go to San Antonio because I hate winter! But we are taking our big trip to the Pacific Northwest this year to see family (we have to do it every other year). Plus we are going to the Philippines (hopefully) this year.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Wow- Amy that picture is gorgeous!! Can I have a copy?

Amy said...

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I'll send you a copy :)

Anonymous said...

That was sooooooooo much fun. Thanks to Dad we had a ball and the dog show was wonderful the last day 'cause Beanie got Best Of Breed. Hope we do it again and Chase is handeling a Bulldog with me!!! Just hope Kenny doesn't fall in the lake again!!!!!!!